Horizon is a game focused on exploration, about the dawn of man's ascension into space, and even though it's only in Early Access on Steam, the title already has a good fan following. With feedback from the players, developers L30 Entertainment have released a big update for the game.
From the press release, the update includes the following:
- Ability to fully customize your race with race templates and unique abilities
- Don't want to only play as Humans? You can now play Classic Mode and select one of seven additional races for a different experience (includes 84 new ship models and other assets)
- Design a Starbase before building it
- New Terraforming mechanic enables players to transform planets to become more hospitable to their race. Added ability to clean and restore toxic planets
- Improved race starting colony placements on galaxy generation and more distinct colors
- New displays for Explored Planets, Game Options, Racial Stats and Bonuses
- Updated help screens with tooltips for new players
This update comes alongside the Steam Winter sale, currently going on, which means you can currently pick up Horizon for less than its retail price.
While Horizon is still in beta, publisher Iceberg Interactive says it's looking at a Q1 2014 launch window.
The 8CN is a collective of writers, bloggers, journalists, and analysts geeking out about cool stuff. Want to join us?
Find out how here.
Copyright © 2014 - 8CN. All rights reserved.