Iconic director Quentin Tarantino has released a list of his 10 favorite movies of 2013, so far. There are definitely some "obvious" choices on it, but for the most part, let's just say that Tarantino's tastes are pretty hard to guess at. Check out the list, sorted alphabetically, below.
1. Afternoon Delight (Jill Soloway)
2. Before Midnight (Richard Linklater)
3. Blue Jasmine (Woody Allen)
4. The Conjuring (James Wan)
5. Drinking Buddies (Joe Swanberg)
6. Frances Ha (Noah Baumbach)
7. Gravity (Alfonso Cuarón)
8. Kick Ass 2 (Jeff Wadlow)
9. The Lone Ranger (Gore Verbinski)
10. This Is The End (Seth Rogen, Evan Goldberg)
Some of the choices are obviously a lot more controversial than others. Kick-Ass 2 is certainly an odd one (and this is coming from a fan of the movie), but The Lone Ranger? I definitely did not see that coming. There are still a few more months of 2013 to go, so maybe this list will get an update before the end of the year. One has to really hope Tarantino can find something a little bit better than that.
[via the Quentin Tarantino Archives]
The 8CN is a collective of writers, bloggers, journalists, and analysts geeking out about cool stuff. Want to join us?
Find out how here.
Copyright © 2014 - 8CN. All rights reserved.